ECOHOST has a well established international reputation for providing high quality research on the impacts of social change on health in the UK, Europe and globally .ECOHOST research has been funded from the Wellcome Trust, the Economic and Social Research Council (ESRC), the National Institute for Health Research (NIHR), the UK Department for International Development (DFID), the European Commission and Helmsley Trust.
At ECOHOST we use the following approaches:
- Multi-disciplinary research to examine the complex challenges related to social change
- Comparative cross-country analyses to generate and promote transnational learning
- Analysing changes in health systems and their ability to respond to change
- Learning from social change as natural experiments
- Strong policy engagement and knowledge translation